Gynaecology in donostia
At IVF-Life Basque Fertility Institute we offer an approach to women’s health from the point of view of gynaecology and obstetrics services.
- Cervix cancer prevention HPV_human papillomavirus Cytology.
- Breast cancer prevention.
- Treatment of endometrial pathologies.
- Fertility status and family planning.
- Birth control.
- Uterine fibroids.
- 2-D and 3-D gynaecological ultrasound.
- Hysterosonography: study of the uterine cavity through the introduction of physiological saline and ultrasound.
- Hysterosalpingosonography: transvaginal echography to assess the anatomy and structure of the uterine cavity and the Fallopian tubes, as well as their permeability, through the introduction of an aqueous gel that allows better visualization.
- Hysteroscopy: assessment of the uterine cavity by direct imaging visualization. The test can be diagnostic or therapeutic diagnostic depending on the result.
- Endometrial biopsy: can be performed in consultation or by hysteroscopy. This test is used to study the patient’s endometrium when an abnormality has been detected.
- Minimally invasive gynaecological surgery: minilaparoscopy.
- Radiofrecuency to treat uterine fibroids.
- Hyaluronic acid injections for treatment of vulvovaginal atrophy.
- Hormonal treatments: used in cases of menopause, endometriosis, dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation), hypermenorrhea (heavy bleeding), etc.
- Cervical pathology treatment: High-grade lesions detected in the cervix are treated using the conization technique, which consists of drying the affected area to prevent potential development of uterine cancer.